Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dog Eared Pages

Alice Love is twenty-nine years old, married to the love of her life, and pregnant with their first child. Imagine her shock when she hits her head and learns that she is really thirty-nine, has three children, and is in the middle of a nasty divorce. Now, Alice has to catch up on the last ten years of her life, and realizes that she doesn't like what she sees. This temporary loss of memory forces Alice to examine who she has become, and who she wants to be. What Alice Forgot written by Liane Moriarty, was a story that I really enjoyed, but found it difficult to relate to. I am not a wife or a mother, but I still found myself thoroughly engaged in Alice's journey. I definitely think that mothers and wives would connect with this story on a different level than I did, so if you fall under that category then I recommend reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment