Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year's Resolutions


I like to think of New Year's as a fresh start. It's time to leave what happened in the past and look forward to what's ahead. A lot of people make unrealistic resolutions - I'll admit that I'm guilty of that; however, this year I'm doing things differently. Instead of forcing myself to workout when I'd rather lie in bed all day; or to eat vegetables when I'd rather eat chocolate, I'm entering the New Year with a new perspective. This year, I'm promising to make changes that will allow me to go about my days with a smile on my face and to get around to doing things I've always been meaning to do. It just seems like a more simple task doesn't it? With that said, here is what I'm looking forward to:

Be positiveGo away for a weekend. Get a massage. Wear heels to work. Broaden my vocabulary. Spend more time outside. Be more forgiving. Take day trips. Draw something beautiful. Stay organized. Carry a notebook everywhere. Go somewhere new. Get away from the computer. Find a new hobby. Laugh more and worry less. Focus on the present. Read more often. Meet new people. Stay creative.

Hello 2013!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I'm going to make my way into some of your resolutions.. such as day trips, weekend getaways, and massages. ;) kTHANKSS

    ReplyDelete