Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Makeup Must Haves

Lately, I have been dropping money left and right to get top of the line products. Here is a list of my favorite products (new and old) that I use on a daily basis and would suggest to everyone. Enjoy!


1. Smashbox Photo Finish Light

2. Bare Minerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation
3. MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer
4.. Benefit Hoola Bronzer
5. MAC Sheertone Blush in Dollymix
6. Benefit They're Real Mascara
7. Revlon Color Stay Eyeliner
8. Bare Minerals READY SPF 15 Touch Up Veil
1. Smashbox Photo Finish Light Primer- I just started using this primer about five days ago and am already obsessed. I have very oily skin and my face looks shiny after a few hours and my makeup seems to have disappeared. When I thought my oily skin could never be saved, I tried this product on a whim. It's an oil free formula so it makes my makeup stay on my face without adding any extra oil.
2. Bare Minerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation- This foundation gives me flawless coverage that makes it look like I'm not wearing any makeup at all. This amazing product minimizes the appearance of pores giving me natural, smooth looking skin.
3. MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer- This concealer gives full coverage with a natural finish and blends beautifully into my skin. You only need a small amount to make an ugly blemish disappear!
4. Benefit Hoola Bronzer- It has been impossible to find a bronzer that suited my needs. I have olive skin and bronzers have a tendency to make me look orange. Since I already wear a blush with shimmer, I find that a shimmery bronzer is too much. Hoola is matte and works well on all skin tones. It can be worn lightly for a natural glow, or intensely for some major contour.
5. MAC Blush in Dollymix- After being a devoted NARS Orgasm user for many years, I realized that I needed something with a little less shimmer for everyday use. I turned to MAC and found an amazing color called Dollymix. Even though this color looks overwhelming, it goes on very sheer and gives you a naturally flushed cheek.
6.  Benefit They're Real MascaraI have been searching long and hard for the perfect mascara. Five years ago I had fallen in love with Dior's DiorShow Mascara, but haven't been able to spend more than $8 on a tube so I settled for Maybelline's One for One mascara (which is also pretty awesome). But sometimes I want something for special occasions that make my eyelashes look like Kim Kardashian's. Last week when I finally purchased my beloved DiorShow, I could not have been more disappointed. I returned it and tried the next best, by Benefit. This mascara is absolutely amazing and I find myself reaching for this tube instead of my drugstore brand every day.
7. Revlon Color Stay Eyeliner- I personally don't think it's necessary to buy expensive eyeliner, especially when Revlon's Color Stay line is so amazing. This eyeliner glides on smoothly and doesn't budge all day.
8. Bare Minerals READY SPF 15 Touch Up Veil- As the final touch, I dust on some of this pressed powder and the oil on my face disappears instantly. I carry this with me everywhere I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment