Monday, April 30, 2012

Remembering 9/11





After reading Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, I have been wanting to visit Ground Zero. Coincidentally, my cousin, who just came home from serving in Bahrain, was visiting this weekend and wanted to see the memorial site. On Saturday, my family and I ventured into the city to support my cousin and to remember those who lost their lives. I was only ten years old when the planes crashed into the World Trade Center, but I still remember everything about that day. Regardless of how young I was, I will never forget watching the towers collapse to the ground. Visiting the memorial was more emotional than I had expected. It was a strange feeling, standing in the place where so many died. Here are a few pictures I took of the new tower, the engraved names around the reflection pools, and of the only surviving tree. This is a place and a moment everyone should experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment