Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Makeup Haul

1. MAC Mineralized Blush in Dainty: I wanted a blush that looked more natural and that gave me a a flushed glow instead of a rosy glow (I had been using MAC's Powder Blush in Dollymix). These blushes have baked minerals that provide extremely sheer and lightweight application. I like to apply this with MAC Brush #168 Large Angled Contour Brush. Dab the product lightly with the brush, tap the excess off, and dab lightly onto your cheeks!
2. Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Caviar Ink: I have heard how amazing this gel eyeliner was for a very long time, but I refused to believe it was any different than any other eyeliner out there. I haven't been able to find a product that stays on my eyes all day because I have oily eyelids. This is by far the best makeup product I own and an award winning formula for a reason. It glides on smoothly and precisely, giving me a long-wearing, water-resistant finish. It's definitely worth spending a little extra money to get a quality product. 
3. Boscia B.B. Cream: For as long as I have been wearing makeup, I have used Bare Minerals Foundation. With summer approaching, I wanted something that would give me a light coverage but didn't look like I was wearing anything; that is when I stumbled upon Boscia's B.B. Cream. This oil-free "Blemish Balm" acts as a primer and foundation all in one! It contains hydroxyprolisilane, which promotes skin elasticity, as well as beta-glucan, which provides essential moisture  for your skin. Not only does it have SPF 27, but it has a PA ++, which is a grade of UVA protection that provides superior defense against the rays that cause collagen damage of the skin. This specific B.B. Cream comes in a self-adjusting shade that has stayed true to my skin color, even though I have gotten significantly darker in the past two weeks from being in the sun. It does cost a pretty penny for such a small tube, but keep in mind that it will last you a long time. A little goes a long way!
4. MAC Brush #286: The Duo Fibre Blending Brush is made from goat and synthetic fibers that provide a sheer, more controlled application of your select product. This brush is perfect for applying eye shadows or for highlighting the face.
5. Soap & Glory Hand Food: One of the things I can't leave the house without is hand cream. My hands get very dry and I have tried every lotion on the market. While I was in Sephora, I walked past Hand Food and decided to try it out. Out of all the lotions I have used, this formula is the only one that has kept my hands soft all day long. It's non-greasy with shea butter, macadamia oil and marshmallow. The best part is that it's only ten dollars!
6. MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl: This highlighter is extremely versatile. It can be applied directly to bare skin, or layered over your foundation, moisturizer or powder. I would recommend applying this with a brush (I use MAC Brush #286) so you can build up the amount you want to you. I like to apply this to my cheekbones and brown bones for a luminous glow!
7. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef: I love lip glosses but haven't been able to find a coral lip color that wasn't too "coral-y." On one of my many CVS shopping spree's, I found "Coral Reef" by Revlon. This glossy formula combines sheer color and intense moisture that gives you long lasting color with SPF 15. I love it because it brings out the color in my cheeks and matches my skin tone perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment