Thursday, July 12, 2012

Maybe Next Time You'll Try A Little Sunscreen


This past weekend, I went to the beach with my cousin. Since it was extremely hot, we made sure to pack a lot of water and sunscreen. I am a stickler about wearing SPF every day, and when I go to the beach I'm not any different. People don't realize that sunscreen does not prevent you from getting tan; it only blocks out the harmful rays of the sun that cause premature aging and skin cancer. A nice tan is not worth risking your health for, so go about getting bronzed skin with a self tanner. I like to use Jergins Natural Glow & Protect Daily Moisturizer. It gives me natural looking color and protects my skin from the sun with SPF 20 for every day use. Another great, but more expensive option is St. Tropez. However, if you are one of those people who loves baking in the sun, it is very important that you are using a proper sunscreen. My cousin bought one in a spray form and I ended up getting my first sunburn due to it's lack of coverage. So, when selecting a sunscreen, choose a broad-spectrum lotion (not an oil or a spray) that blocks agains UVA and UVB rays. Also, make sure it has an SPF of at least 15 and no more than 50. (Anything over SPF 50 does not protect you for the amount of time it claims to). The SPF number stands for how long you will be protected for, so remember to reapply after the allotted time has passed. With that said, the next time I head to the beach I will be sure to get the right kind of sunscreen and you should too. This was my first time getting burned and I want it to be my last!

No comments:

Post a Comment