Saturday, April 7, 2012

I Left My Heart in San Francisco

I left my heart in San Francisco 
High on a hill, it calls to me. 
To be where little cable cars 
Climb halfway to the stars! 
The morning fog may chill the air 
I don't care! 
My love waits there in San Francisco 
Above the blue and windy sea 
When I come home to you, San Francisco, 
Your golden sun will shine for me!



I am a true New Yorker. I always thought I would never want to live anywhere else, simply because there couldn't be a place that could make me happier than I already am. I grew up on Long Island and have been going to school in Manhattan for the past three years, two of which I lived in the heart of the city. This past January, my family visited friends in San Francisco and I immediately fell in love with the city. I finally understood why everyone loves California. Everything about this place made me happy- the constant sunshine, the smiles, the outdoor cafe's, the docks by the water, the colorful buildings, the hills, the clean sidewalks, the clean air and the gorgeous view. I have been lucky enough to travel to a lot of places, but this was the first time I actually stopped and pictured my life there. For the time being, I will have to settle for short trips to San Fran, but maybe one day I'll be able to call it home.


{ Photos 12 }

1 comment: