Thursday, April 5, 2012

March Favorites (Even Though It's April)

Hi everyone! Even though it's no longer March, I absolutely had to write about my favorite thing of the month, particularly because I became obsessed with The Hunger Games. I saw the movie trailer about a month ago and could not wait for it to come out. When I found out that it was a book series, it seemed interesting and decided on a whim to read it. It is difficult for me to find a book that captures my attention, but after the first couple of pages I was hooked. For those of you who don't know, (you live under a rock if you don't), The Hunger Games is about a girl named Katniss Everdeen, who lives in a post-apocalyptic world in the country of Panem where the countries of North America once existed. Every year, the Capitol chooses one boy and one girl from each of the twelve districts to compete in a televised battle in which only one person can survive. After finishing the rest of the series in a matter of days, I became even more anxious to see the movie. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend that you do. I promise you'll love it! However, now that I have finished all three books, I am left without anything to read. Any suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment